Champasak Grand Hotel to open first branch in Vangvieng

Champasak Grand Hotel will open its first branch outside of Pakxe district early next year with plans to build a new hotel in the tourist hotspot, Vangvieng district in Vientiane province.

Assistant Managing Director of the hotel, Ms Moukdao Sengaloune told Vientiane Times recently that after the success of the Champasak Grand Hotel in Pakxe district, Champassak province in southern Laos and after requests from customers the hotel's owner decided to expand with a new branch in Vangvieng.

“Our hotel's branch in Vangvieng will be finished by the end of this year and we are expecting to open early next year. Our first branch will be called Viengvieng Grand Hotel and it will be a four star hotel with five floors, 168 rooms, and all other facilities provided.” she said.

“Further to requests from the public, hotel ownership has also already installed a main pillar for a proposed second branch in the centre of Vientiane on the banks of the Mekong River,” she added.

She said that the branch in Vientiane should be opened in two or three years and will have more floors than the hotel currently under construction in Vangvieng.

After opening in Vientiane, she also said they planned to expand to a third branch in Luang Prabang province where the city has been the first World Heritage Site in Laos since 1995, even before the Vat Phou World Heritage Site in Champassak in 2001.

Currently, the hotel in Pakxe has 215 rooms in six different room categories ranging in price from 437,000 kip to 1,725,000 kip a night.

The hotel is located on the edge of Mekong River close to the Laos-Japan Friendship bridge, opening its doors to welcome guests from around the world in 2009.

The hotel is also situated in the centre of Pakxe so it is easily accessible to the shops of the town and the restaurants along the riverside as well as being a 15-minute ride from Pakxe International Airport.

Privately-owned by the Tangcharoen Group which is chaired by Mr Houa Sengaloun, the hotel contains several other business operations including a shoppin g mall, a home furniture and interior décor shop, a construction business, in addition to its hotel services.

Located on a five hectare site, the 12-storey hotel serves up accommodation and meals to a steady stream of customers comprising of 70 percent Thai nationals with the remaining 30 percent a mix of VIP gues ts from Laos and Western tourists.

The hotel employs 232 people who are well-trained in professional hospitality skills with many of their management staff having been trained in Bangkok. The Champassak Grand Hotel is expecting to be a top choice for international guests, high-ranking officials, and other VIP customers visiting during the Asean Summ it hosted by Laos later this year.

The first Asean Eco Tourism Forum was also being organised at the hotel.

According to a 2015 statistics report from the Tourism Development Department in the Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, the number of hotels and guesthouses in Champassak province totals 232 (62 hotels with 2,271 rooms and 170 guesthouses with 3,602 rooms). This gives the area third place after Luang Prabang province with 299 accommodations and Vientiane with 265 accommodations.

vientiane times

 

 

Show email

Enter the number:    =   

  

Symbol Lookup

Close

Close