CSX’s daily trading volume sees significant rise

Jun 24th at 08:09
24-06-2024 08:09:45+07:00

CSX’s daily trading volume sees significant rise

Daily trading volumes on the Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX) has gone up after months of decline in 2023.


The first four months of 2024 saw daily trading volume has been below $200,000. But, trading has now picked up with daily trading volume at $300,000, said Hong Sok Hour, CEO, CSX.

“The significant increase in daily trading, shows we are back to seeing volumes recorded in early 2023,” Sok Hour said in a seminar of the Earnings Forum 2024 held last week.

According to Sok Hour, there was an average of 1,000 new account openings per day. Sok Hour said, the CSX will see new listings this year and there are more firms in the pipeline, and talks are underway.

As part of its long-term vision, CSX has set a daily trade volume of $100 million in 2030 when the country is set to become an upper-middle-income nation, Sok Hour said.

CSX has 18 listed companies, which have raised about $380 million from the market. Launched in 2012, CSX is a joint venture between the Cambodian government, holding 55 percent stake, and the Korean Exchange, owning the remaining 45 percent.

The seminar of the Earning Forum 2024 was held with the aim of providing a platform for listed companies to disseminate business information. It was also an opportunity for them to share their annual reports for 2023 and the first quarterly report for 2024 to public investors.

The seminar urged investors to study filings of companies and equity reports by securities firms. CSX’s CEO also encouraged all listed companies to find ways or create opportunities that allow investors to learn about their companies more easily and effectively.




World Bank approves $275 million for Cambodia’s growth

World Bank has approved $275 million for Cambodia’s growth. This is the second tranche to boost the country’s economy after the Covid-19 pandemic. The first tranche...

World Bank approves new financing to support Cambodia’s economic growth and resilience

According to a press release issued this Friday, the World Bank Board of Directors today approved $275 million in credit to support Cambodia’s efforts to promote...

FDI inflows into Cambodia worth $48.4 bn between 2018 & 2023

FDI in Cambodia reached 197.8 trillion riels ($48.4 billion) between 2018 and 2023, the National Bank of Cambodia said.

No problem with plan to acquire Cambodian rice firms, says minister

Minister of Agriculture of Indonesia Andi Amran Sulaiman said he sees no issue with the recent plan by state-owned logistics company Bulog to secure rice stocks for...

Chinese, local firm keen on setting up textile factory in Cambodia

Shanghai Shunkai International Freight & Forwarding Co Ltd – a Chinese firm headquartered in Shanghai – and CID Logistic Co Ltd, a Cambodian transportation company...

Import of petrol, diesel up 23 percent to $1 billion

Cambodia’s imports of petroleum and diesel were up 23 percent to $1.06 billion in the first five months this year, according to a report from the General Department...

Tax incentives introduced to encourage informal economy

Under newly implemented regulations, the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has offered various tax incentives for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs)...

Cambodia, Singapore mull over deeper economic cooperation

As Singapore was ranked Cambodia’s third largest foreign investor between 2018 and 2023, both countries’ leaders have mulled over deeper economic and trade...

PM: Cambodia’s unique program to promote investment in Preah Sihanouk Province 2024 offers unique benefits to investors

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Manet stated that the Royal Government’s Special Program to Promote Investment in Preah Sihanouk Province 2024 offered unique benefits...

FDI inflows hit $48.4 billion in Cambodia in six years

Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Cambodia reached 197.8 trillion riels, ($48.4 billion) between 2018-2023, said the National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) on Tuesday.


Back To Top